Friday, December 02, 2005

There is no I in WE

Face it.

Everyone is coupling off and surely there is nothing inherently wrong with that concept. What is irksome however is when you ask someone to join you for a simple evening out and they say they can't because their boyfriend or husband or their owner (oops, did I just let that slip?!) has a cold, is annoying or you just simply cannot be without them. Woops! Where did you go? I think your identity just morphed into someone elses. I'm sorry, does that hurt you? Certainly you didn't think that this is a good thing did you?

Common excuses:

1) I can't come out with the girls tonight because my sweetie will be bored without me
2) I can't come out with the girls tonight because my sweetie stubbed his big toe and WOE IS ME, what will he do without me?!
3) I can't come out with the girls tonight because umm...well...he just doesn't want me to go.

As I have stated in previous posts, for some people this is not a conflict because they never had a personality to begin with. Hiding behind your man is comforting because HEY you never have to think for yourself again. Silly BlogLama, how could you have forgotten that you are merely a girl in a MANS world! Tsk tsk tsk....

My frustration is a result of numerous moments when I have simply wanted to jump over a table and slap the stupidity out of these women. Grow a brain, get a life and stop hiding in the shadows over others.

No comments: