Thursday, October 13, 2005

The notorious F-A-K-E-R-S

So I'm the type of person that likes to plan fun events for everyone to attend. I put in a lot of time and effort to please myself and others around me. I don't mind doing this and do not expect others to do the same. Now I'm not sure if it's just my misfortune that has surrounded me with individuals who lack polite regard for others or if most people are this way by default. I have known some of the worlds biggest FAKERS. When I say fakers, I mean individuals who act like they really love what you have on, or an idea you have or an event you've planned. The fakers will look straight at you with a smile and swear that they will be there with you at (for example: mind you I am trying to think of the most random places to be) your ferrets birthday, your cats bar mitzvah or a trip that you've taken two months to plan.

In contract law, an offer, acceptance and consideration become a legally binding CONTRACT. If someone makes a statement (offer) and one reasonably believes that they will partake in the agreement (acceptance) and then unexpectedly the other person breaks that promise (if there is adequate consideration) then there may be remedies under the law for detrimental reliance. However, we are not in contracts class and these theories will not work in the real world when dealing with "friends". But wouldn't it be great if I could call up Jim Bob and tell him "heyyy, you made a promise and because of your promise I spent a great deal of time, effort and money. You better stick with your promise or pay up!"

It would be satisfying if I could tell the FAKERS that I will be serving them with papers that outline all the efforts I put into said event and because of their FAKENESS, they will have to devote the same amount of time, energy and money to please me. :-) Yes, in the world of the panting peaches, such theories would be implemented in the Constitution. No faking.

I prefer individuals who are real. Not rude real as in they are so blunt that they lack tact and emotion. A person must have a proper balance and more often than not, people are horribly imbalanced.

No comments: